Swin Cash is a 3-Time WNBA Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist, a former studio analyst and broadcaster, business owner, and philanthropist. She is the Vice President of Basketball Operations and Teamwork for the Pelicans NBA team, and will be inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in 2020.
Additionally, Swin is an advocate against gun violence and police brutality.
In other words….she is a damn rockstar and I don’t know how she does it all!
What’s so unique about Swin is that she’s more than just a basketball player. She has successfully made it to an executive seat in a male-dominated world, and this week I had the pleasure of chatting with this incredibly inspiring woman. In this Powertalk, Swin drops a ton of nuggets for us all including this piece that really made me think about how we are raising our children.
Check out our interview below! Keep scrolling for links and show notes...
- Where did Swin Cash grow up? [01:54]
- Being such an accomplished athlete takes discipline and sacrifice - how does Swin reflect on her journey? [02:02]
- How does Swin feel about parents who are pushing their kids to be athletes - what is her advice to parents? [04:15]
- Similar to going to college, becoming a pro athlete requires sufficient funds - for parents who don’t have this money, how can they help fund their children who want to be athletes? [05:30]
- What are the biggest assets people need in order to make it as an athlete? [06:34]
- So few athletes have the chance to become sports broadcasters - what steps did Swin take to achieve this? [08:07]
- Find out what prepared Swin for an executive role with the Pelicans [11:15]
- With so much on her plate already - how does Swin manage everything and still have time for philanthropy? [13:00]
- What makes Swin and her husband Steve continue to be such giving people? [16:07]
Interested in more Power Talks? Join me on Instagram every Tuesday at 1pm EST.