Can you believe that 2020 is here and in just a few short days, this DECADE will be over?!
If you've been following me, you know that 2019 has been amazing but NOW I have 2020 vision. It's a brand new decade and if you have a busy life like me then you know that keeping up with all the new information out there is near impossible.
But still, I make it a point to hunt down the best podcasts, books, articles, and whatever else I can get my hands. I encourage my team to do the same too - I need them to grow right along with me.
And as fellow entrepreneurs, business owners, and side-hustlers, you need to keep up too. That’s exactly why I share my Monthly Recommendations with you every month - so we can learn and succeed together. I'm already doing the work to find them, all you have to do is follow along.
Well now it’s the end of the year and I have read (or listened to) a lot of great books, been introduced to some amazing podcasts and read some pretty inspiring articles. If you’ve been following along, then you have too.
If you’ve missed some or need a refresher, then you’re in luck because I have compiled ALL of my 2019 Recommendations for you, right here. You can learn a little bit of everything - from leadership to starting a side-hustle, branding, productivity hacks, marketing and more.
Do us both a favor and pick just ONE of these resources to look into this holiday season. Then schedule the time to actually go through it. I promise you will thank me!
Ready? Let's get to it.
1. Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
3. Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity
4. Girl, Stop Apologizing
5. H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle.
6. Rise and Grind: Outperform, Outwork, and Outhustle Your Way to a More Successful and Rewarding Life
7. Zag: The Number One Strategy of High-Performance Brands
8. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't
9. Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior
10. First, Break All The Rules: What the World's Greatest Managers Do Differently
11. The Time Chunking Method: A 10-Step Action Plan For Increasing Your Productivity (Time Management And Productivity Action Guide Series)
12. Why Do You Hate Money?: A Fitness Marketing Guide To Create Content That Kills, Craft Copy That Converts, And Master The Science Of Selling Without Selling Out
13. Invisible Selling Machine
14. Your Oxygen Mask First: 17 Habits to Help High Achievers Survive & Thrive in Leadership & Life
15. All Marketers are Liars: The Underground Classic That Explains How Marketing Really Works--and Why Authenticity Is the Best Marketing of All
16. Blue: The Color of Noise
17. Everything is Figureoutable
18. Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life
19. Outliers: The Story of Success
20. Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life (Unfu*k Yourself series)
21. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't
22. The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
23. Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
24. The Execution Factor: The One Skill that Drives Success
1. The School of Greatness
2. How Did This Get Made?
3. This Is Success
4. 10 Minutes to Being Boss
5. The Boss Mom Podcast - Business Strategy - Work / Life Balance - -Digital Marketing - Content Strategy
7. On Brand with Nick Westergaard
8. Mixergy - Startup Stories with 1000+ entrepreneurs and businesses
9. The Art Of Adventure | Entrepreneurship | World Travel | Lifestyle Design | Peak Performance | Digital Nomads
10. Industry Thought Leader Podcast
11. My Wakeup Call with Dr. Mark Goulston
12. The Creative Introvert Podcast
13. Hacking Your Leadership
14. Becoming Your Best | The Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
15. Casual Fridays Podcast
16. The Side Hustle Show
17. Radical Candor
18. Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
19. The Top 3 for Entrepreneurs
20. How to Succeed Podcast
21. Build Your Own Business
22. The Marketing Mentor Podcast
23. Being Boss: Mindset, Habits, Tactics, and Lifestyle for Creative Entrepreneurs
24. Maximize Your Social Influence with Neal Schaffer
Articles (for a quick read):
1. Don’t write off a ‘failed’ entrepreneur
2. 25 Best Small-Business Apps in 2019
3. 4 Reasons Why Slowing Down Will Actually Make You More Successful
4. Working For 30 Years? Why Not Become An Entrepreneur? Understanding Fear And Entrepreneurship.
5. Why Good Things Come To Those Who Hustle
6. Turn Brand Loyalists into Brand Advocates
7. How to Stay Focused in the Summer
8. 5 Easy Tips to Combat Nerves and Excel at Public Speaking
9. 9 Successful Business Leaders Reveal Their Top Tips for Selling Anything to Anyone
10. How to Channel Your Skills and Find Your Best Side Hustle
11. 10 Back-to-School Lessons Entrepreneurs Need to Learn
12. 4 Painful Realities Your Scaling Startup Must Accept in Order to Grow
13. 5 Steps to Building Your Personal Brand From Scratch
14. 7 Tips For Running A Successful Brand Ambassador Program
I encourage you to bookmark this link and come back to it when you are feeling stuck, ready to pick up your next book or looking for some great resources to share with a friend.
I’m going to keep sharing all these resources to help you start and grow your business in 2020. Sign up for my mailing list here so you don't miss a beat and shoot me an email to tell me what you want to learn in 2020!
Happy New Year!