In the midst of all the craziness that 2020 has brought us, I made it my duty to figure out how to help the businesses and entrepreneurs who were struggling to make ends meet or get their feet off the ground.
I took out my rolodex and opened it up to the world. Almost every week, I interviewed an entrepreneur, expert, game changer or influencer live on Instagram for you.
I call this segment of interviews - PowerTalks.
PowerTalks are my way of giving you power. The power to push through. The power to shift. The power to dig deep and do the work. The power to persevere.
Now that 2020 is coming to an end, I've round up 10 of my favorite episodes.
We are going to count down from 10 to 1 this week. Below are the final episodes - numbers 5-1:
Video #1 - Lewis Howes
Greatness comes from failure
Lewis Howes is a master at letting failure drive him to success AND teaching the world how to do the same.
Not too many people can honestly say that they want to make an impact on 100 million lives A WEEK, but Lewis Howes accomplishes that and more every single day.
And it’s no wonder why - he’s a New York Times bestselling author, entrepreneur, and keynote speaker with a top 100 globally ranked podcast, The School of Greatness.
Lewis sat with me to get brutally honest about:
- Failures and how people laughing at him actually gives him strength
- His assessment of what you can focus on right now to stay employed and
- How to embrace the remote working world.
There might be a few dad jokes and a little parenting advice in there too. 😆
Video #2 - Andrew Yang
Demonstrating your value without EVER meeting in person
I’ve been fortunate enough to know Andrew Yang for a while now since we both served as Presidential Ambassadors for Global Entrepreneurship under President Obama.
In this episode you'll learn:
- Why technology is not something to be feared
- The importance of making your value clear from afar
- How helping people is the easiest way to feel connected to other people right now
- Utilizing the Power of Broke mentality and
- What powershift Andrew’s making during quarantine
Video #3 - Bethenny Frankel
How to PowerShift from assistant to branding expert with NO formal business training
From Real Housewives, to her brand Skinnygirl, to Bstrong, a foundation providing relief for crises like COVID-19 and hurricanes, Bethenny knows a thing or two about expanding her personal brand.
Within Skinnygirl alone, Bethenny has tapped into the alcohol, popcorn, salad dressing, clothing and preserves market.
She's going to teach you about:
- Being a good business person without business school or formal training
- Listening to your inner instincts
- Brand identification
- Managing a busy schedule and using your time wisely
- Using a time of despair to find strength
Video #4 - ICE T
Make plans, not EXCUSES!
From crime to career, he built a brand around his name and knows how to pivot from industry to industry.
Ice T spent the first half of his life hustling and grinding, but we talk about learning the value of "presence over presents" with our children. He is a prime example of how to stay authentic to yourself and your brand in any scenario!
In this episode you'll hear about:
- Life lessons Ice T took away from the military
- The difference between looking successful on Instagram and being successful
- Learning how to be present and prioritize your health and
- Staying on brand
Video #5 - Jasmine Star
How to Turn One Customer into 20,000
Jasmine is a world-renowned wedding photographer and social media icon. In this episode, Jasmine reveals how she reached success in just 4 years, how to build a strong online presence and gives some expert photography tips.
In this episode, you'll walk away knowing about:
- Using social media to be social, not to sell
- Catering to your dream customer
- The difference between diversity and disparity and
- Creating content to serve your audience
BONUS - Ludacris
How Ludacris is Inspiring Future Generations
Whenever Ludacris and I get to catch up, the stories come out. I'm so glad we recorded it so I can share this with you.
In this episode catch:
- Who was cut from the Fatty Girl video?
- Who made Ludacris want to rap?
- How he got his start
- How to maximize a "dead-end" job and
- How he's inspiring future generations through his foundation now
In case you missed it, check out episodes 10-6 here: https://daymondjohn.com/blogs/journal/daymond-john-best-of-2020-powertalks-part-1-videos-1-5
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to catch every episode as soon as it drops: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShark