I get A LOT of questions about branding and I honestly don’t think a lot of people get what branding is and why it is so important. So, I wanted to take the time to really break down branding.
Most people associate the word ‘brand’ with a logo but brand is actually a word we use to describe what makes a product or service unique. Branding is the heartbeat of your business. It’s the feeling consumers have when they think of your company and ultimately how your business is perceived.
In 2019, branding is your competitive edge and I don’t think enough people are realizing this.
Here are the 5 reasons I think brands are failing:
1. Inauthenticity. Listen, stop trying to be everything to everyone. Companies mistakenly end up doing this in their messaging all the time. Just know who you are, what you do best and know who you service. Stay true to that.
2. Losing touch with customers. Your brand really only exists in the minds and hearts of your customers. To properly manage this, you need a constant pulse on your customer’s changing wants and needs.
3. Being internally misguided. Brand misalignment begins from within… which is why it’s so crucial to build a company culture guided by unifying values. Every member of your team should be as enthusiastic about your company’s values as it’s brand ambassadors. That is the core of brand alignment.
4. Lack of brand alignment then leads to... Having chaotic brand architecture. When your company doesn’t have a brand framework (this is your company’s north star), it’s architecture becomes convoluted and confusing. You don’t have clear messaging and a confused customer at the end of the day buys nothing.
5. Not being able to connect your brand to your consumer visually. Another by-product of chaotic brand architecture is the overall disconnect between your brand and consumer… visually. Your company’s visual identity should link your brand’s framework to your customer’s experience.
Not being authentic, losing touch with your customers, being internally misguided, lack of brand alignment all leads to this final mistake!
And that’s exactly where my team and I can help. After consulting and working with incredible brands across multiple industries, we’ve created a system to take your lackluster brand into a lifestyle that visually evokes an emotional connection between your consumer and product and as a result - real sales!
When you are ready to take your brand (and your business) to the next level, visit The Shark Group's Branding Services site here.
Stay tuned in to my upcoming blogs because I am going to be bringing you great branding tips. Shoot me an email with all your questions and maybe you’ll be featured in my next branding blog!